Truck Repair Breakdown Service FAQ
- "What does Truckers Assist do? What services do we provide?""Truckers Assist provides roadside truck and trailer repair and breakdown assistance service for owner operators and trucking fleets within the United States and Canada. Our service is available 24/7/365. All you have to do is call our one toll-free number 1.888.635.0005, regardless of your breakdown location.
With our extensive network of 25000 plus qualified service providers, we usually have some available within minutes of your breakdown location.
The services we provide include: Mobile Truck and Trailer Repair, Mobile Tire Repair and Replacement, Towing and Recovery Services, Reefer Repair, Re-fuelling, Windshield repairs, Locksmiths and many others."
- "What is the benefit of calling Truckers when there are websites with free listings of vendors?""
If you use another website to locate truck repair services, here are few things you should consider.
- Many of the listing websites sell advertising space to service providers – their primary objective is not to provide you with the fastest breakdown service at a reasonable price.
- We charge no dispatch fees – you pay the service provider directly for the service provided.
- Key Benefits in using our service are:
1. Save Money! All vendors in our network are mandated to provide pre-determined service rates that are exclusive to Truckers Assist.
2. Get Your Truck Back On the Road Faster! Service providers are dispatched within 10 minutes of us receiving your call. Our service providers have a consistent track record of arriving at or before the stated time (typically within 45 minutes), as Truckers Assist calls are prioritized.
3. Get Peace of Mind! All our service providers undergo rigorous screening to qualify to become part of our network. Furthermore, we have implemented a process to continuously monitor their performance on several key metrics, such as quality, pricing, and punctuality.
4. No Risk! Our service is available 24/7 every day of the year and you will always reach a live person, giving you peace of mind that help is only a phone call away. You know the service rates upfront."
- "My company has its own breakdown call center. Why should we call Truckers Assist?""
If your fleet has a breakdown group or a dispatch team that handles breakdowns 24/7, Truckers Assist can bring immense value to your organization. The high costs of staffing and operating a 24/7 call center, can affect your bottom line. Your core business is transportation and Truckers Assist’s is efficiently provisioning and managing the roadside breakdown process.
Most fleets begin experiencing immediate savings of time and money when they use our breakdown assistance service. With the email notification and reporting features of our service, your fleet is always aware of the status of the repair and you will also receive valuable weekly, monthly reports to help you track your over the road maintenance costs.
Our service is free for you to use. The best way to experience our service is to give us an opportunity to manage your truck or trailer breakdown event. We recommend fleets begin by allowing us to manage your after hours breakdowns. We are certain that once you have experienced the process from beginning to end, your fleet will start using Trucker Assist’s service regularly and eventually exclusively,
- "What types of trucks and equipment does Truckers Assist provide service for?""
Truckers Assist, provides breakdown assistance for Semi-Trucks, Box Trucks, most types of Trailers, Intermodal Chassis, Refrigeration Units, Construction Equipment, RVs and Buses.
Truckers Assist does not provide breakdown service for cars and mini-vans.
- "What geographic does Truckers Assist provide service within?""
Truckers Assist provides breakdown assistance in the continental United States and Canada.
- "Are service providers monitored for quality, service, and cost? Are they insured?""
Quality is one of the most important requirements that fleets and owner operators have of any service provider. At Truckers Assist, we take great pride in our “Quality Assurance” Process. This process has been in place at Truckers Assist since day one and has been an integral element of our breakdown assistance service. As a result of our Quality Assurance process, we are able to ensure a high rate of customer satisfaction amongst fleets and drivers. Some of the key elements of our Quality Assurance process, that a vendor must comply with are:
- Length of time the service provider has been in business
- Whether the service is performed to DOT and MTO standards
- Service provider carries adequate Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Process for handling calls after hours
- Service providers rates have to be in line with regional industry standards
- Service ticket performance rating
After each breakdown job, a service provider is evaluated on 4 criteria: Timeliness, Quality of work, Professionalism, Price. If a service provider does not maintain a minimum of a 4 star rating (on a 5 scale) on more than two occasions, they are suspended from our network until corrective action is taken
This allows us to provide fleet and drivers with a consistent experience regardless of where they need roadside service in the USA or Canada – resulting in numerous calls for breakdown assistance from satisfied repeat customers."
- "How is payment handled?""
In most cases Truckers Assist owner operators and fleets pay the service provider directly for the service provided. Truckers Assist does not charge any additional fees and nor does it take a percentage of the invoice from the service provider.
Payment methods generally used are: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Comchek, TChek, TCH Chek, EFS Chek, and Fleet One.
In some cases, fleets can setup the service so that they are billed on a periodic basis.
- "Does a fleet / driver / owner operator have to pay any enrolment or Membership fees?""
Truckers Assist does not charge any membership /enrolment fees. Our service is absolutely free for fleets and owner operators to use.
- "Does a fleet / driver / owner operator need to be pre-registered to use the breakdown service?""
No. There is no need to pre-register to use our service. You can call our toll-free number when you experience a breakdown and we can register you at that time.
For you convenience, we recommend that you pre-register (link for Fleet / Owner Operator from), and we will mail you a Preferred Membership card.
- "What differentiates Truckers Assist from other fleet breakdown companies?""
Truckers Assist can provide a centralized one-stop approach to your fleet for managing the roadside repair process across North America in an efficient, reliable and cost-effective manner.
Our comprehensive service providers specialize in Mobile Truck & Trailer Repair, Towing, Tire service / replacement, Reefer Repair, Refuelling and many other services.
Maintenance Staff / Drivers / or Dispatch only need to call one toll-free number 1-888-635-0005 for service anywhere across the USA and Canada – 24/7 365 days a year.
Other breakdown companies require long-term contracts with monthly fees and per occurrence dispatch fees which can exceed $40. We have no enrolment fees and we do not charge any per call dispatch / call handling fees.
Some other breakdown also may hold back 5-7% of a service provider’s invoice. Truckers Assist does not do that. There is no incentive for a service provider to overcharge you. We monitor the process from beginning to end. You will be provided the rates for service upfront before the service provider is dispatched out."
- "My company uses National Accounts for tires? How does that fit into Truckers Assist’s breakdown service?""
For any tire related jobs, where a fleet’s national account is used, Truckers Assist will arrange for the service through its extensive network of Mobile Tire Repair service providers. Most of our tire service providers service one or more Tire National Accounts. The fleet will be billed directly by the Tire manufacturer."
- " How do I register for Truckers Assist’s free breakdown assistance service?""
To start realizing the benefits of becoming a Preferred Member immediately, call 1.888.635.0005 or complete the registration form Click Here."
- " How do I register to become a Truckers Assist Service Provider?""
To join our growing Service Provider network, call 1.888.635.0005 or complete the registration form here."